Crafty Event Bookings
Terms & Conditions
For our corporate, PR and industry event experience bookings
- A non-refundable deposit of 50% secures your booking.
- We will invoice you and send a booking form. Returning your booking form acts as confirmation of the booking and agreement to abide to the terms set out here. As such a contact is established. Please also inform your colleagues of these terms and conditions.
- If booking where the event date is four weeks away or less, the cost is payable in full. We will invoice you for the full payment and send a booking form. Returning your booking form acts as confirmation of the booking and agreement to abide to the terms set out here. As such a contract is established. Please also inform your fellow organisers / colleagues of these terms and conditions.
- We reserve the right to change prices at any time up until a booking confirmed with a deposit and to correct errors in the prices of confirmed arrangements.
- Confirming Group Size - If not already finalised, we require a final head count a minimum or four weeks before your event.
- Final Balance - At this four week point the remaining balance will be due, based on your final head count. Your deposit will be deducted from the total.
- We will invoice for all payments due, and payment is required within 28 days.
- Late Payments - Any overdue payments are subject to a 3% fee. Which will increase if payment continues to go unpaid.
- The fee includes all workshop materials, equipment and expert tuition. On occasion, depending on location, we may need to apply a travel fee, but will make you aware of this in advance of placing your booking if applicable.
- Payments are non-refundable.
- Use your unique invoice reference so we can easily identify your payment.
- We cannot accept individual payments.
- VAT - All payments due are inclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated).
- International Transactions - If processing the payment from abroad (outside of the UK) the sender is liable for all and any transaction charges / exchange fees. To ensure the full and correct payment reaches The Crafty Hen on time.
Amendments to group Size
- After the four week point we cannot refund payments made for any person no longer able to attend.
- We will try our best to accommodate any additional people wanting to attend the workshop after the four week point, however we cannot guarantee this will be possible. Adding extra people may incur an additional charge on top of the workshop fee.
- Resources are provided on the day for the agreed number of participants only.
- Numbers are confirmed upfront, for all events including drop in, and places cannot be refunded post-event.
SafEty and Behaviour
- Although the majority of tools and equipment you will be using are very safe, on occasion participants may be required to operate hot or sharp items (irons, scalpels, sewing machines, etc). While we encourage your guests to enjoy your workshop as much as possible with tea / cake or something a little stronger, please keep in mind your everyone's safety with tools and equipment you may be using.
- Workshop leaders will demonstrate safe use of all equipment, but ensure no one operates hot / sharp equipment if intoxicated.
- Workshop leaders will be happy to help and may step in if they feel participants are unable to operate equipment or tools safely. Please do not take offence at this; it is for your group's own safety. We are not responsible for unsafe operation of any equipment should any person be intoxicated.
At the Workshop
- Photographs - Workshop leaders may take photos at the session, please check with your group and let our team know before the session if anyone does not want to be photographed. Photographs may be used for published / digital media, as well as on our own social media / website.
- Venue Space - For most sessions we require a clear table space for you to all work and sit around. Additionally we often require a side table / space. With our textile workshops we may also bring an iron, ironing board and / or a sewing machine, please allow space to set up this equipment. Each workshop differs in requirements, so if you are unsure, please ask. We can be flexible and can work within most spaces, but please let us know if a space you are providing differs from our requirements.
DROP IN EVENTS
- In cases of organising drop in / free flowing workshop experiences -
- (i). Enough materials, tools and resources will be provided for the number of participants confirmed in advance only.
- In cases of oversubscription of the experience on the day, the event organiser / co-ordinator on site should be available to discuss solutions with our workshop leader. Options could include but are not limited to; crowd control measures, restricting participation flow, initiating breaks, ending the event once all resources used, etc. Solutions offered will be judged on a case by case basis with our team using their discretion.
- On occasions of high demand, the organiser / event co-ordinator on site needs to consider health and safety implications for everyone involved, and have means to implement crowd control as required. Participation flow is not the responsibility our workshop team.
fOOD & DRINK
- While we encourage you to enjoy food and drink alongside your workshop please limit this to snacks and food you can pick at during the workshop. Drinks are of course fine.
- If you are having an afternoon tea or a meal, please arrange the majority of this before or after so both can be enjoyed fully!
dELAYS, Changes OR CANCELLATIONS
- Delays -
- (i). If the workshop starts late due to participants late arriving, event issues or other circumstances outside of The Crafty Hen, your session will still finish at the previously confirmed time. Workshop staff are booked for the times agreed, they may use their discretion but this will be on an individual basis.
- (ii). On the extremely rare (and unavoidable - due to circumstances beyond their control) occasion a workshop leader is late to your event, they will endeavour to provide you with your full session time, and will work with you to get the best time balance based on your plans following the session.
- Changes to Booking -
- (i). Where possible, we will try to accommodate any requests to amend the main event details, (including, but not limited to; event location, workshop activity, event date, participant numbers, etc.), made after your booking has been confirmed. But cannot guarantee being able to do so. Where amendments are achievable, this will incur a charge of £50+VAT per file to cover administration costs.
- Cancellation -
- (i). If you (the organiser) chose to cancel, no refunds, compensation or damages will be due.
- (ii). Cancellation by you (the organiser) within 4 weeks will mean that the full balance is still required to be paid.
- (iii). Cancellation or changes may be made by ourselves when safety conditions are compromised or due to unforeseeable circumstances. If cancellations occur in such circumstances we will endeavour to make every effort to reschedule where possible. If not possible we will arrange a refund.
- Force Majeure - The Crafty Hen will not be liable or pay you compensation, damages or a refund if our contractual obligations to you are affected by any event which we cannot, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. This includes but is not limited to; war, or threat of war, strikes, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, technical problems affecting transport or any similar events beyond our control.
- Essential contact information (ie. name, phone numbers, and venue address) will be shared with your workshop leader in order for them to reach you on the day of the workshop itself.
- Any alternative contact details for other people within your party shared with us, must be done so with their consent.
- We do not share your data outside of our organisation or with third parties.
Most of all enjoy your creative event experience and do share with us creations made on the day! We love to see what is made.
If you take photos of your guests making and creating during the event we would love to see their creations, so remember to share your snaps with us via social media or use #thecraftyhen.