Working nationwide, we offer unique creative experiences and fun craft workshops, delivered by professional and independent crafts people.
We tailor each and every workshop to your specific requests or corporate briefs. Perfect as a fun group activity for any hen weekend, baby shower, Christmas parties, team building days, corporate events or in store experiences you are planning. Our flock of friendly tutors will help you make many things to use and wear, perhaps even for a big wedding or a night out.
Offering crafty workshops to make fabulous fascinators, gorgeous flower crowns, vintage wedding garters or even design a pair of nipple tassels, there is plenty to choose from! As well as a range of jewellery making workshops to choose from, pottery painting classes, gatsby themed crafternoons, as well as patchwork parties. You can even learn to make beautiful bunting! Why not work together and use your handmade bunting to decorate your wedding venue, brighten up the office space or maybe personalise baby's new bedroom?
Our unique crafty experiences are designed as enjoyable activities where you work together to make and create and come away with an impressive result. We work with many professional crafts people so if you have something in particular in mind that you would like to do, tell us and we will do our very best to meet your crafty needs!
As our award winning workshops and parties are offered all over the country, we can come to you in the location of your choice to run the session, or you can choose a venue from a range of specially selected cafés and bars in major cities across the UK where you can all enjoy afternoon tea or bubbly … whatever suits you best.
Come and explore the full range of things we can offer…
The Crafty Hen was hatched by Julie Roberts who is a highly skilled textile artist with over 12 years workshop experience to date. Her knowledge has allowed her to spread her wings into teaching in just about every craft area you could think of. After a period of incubation and increasing demand beyond one chick's capability The Crafty Hen was born in 2012. The brood of workshop leaders began with colleagues Julie has worked with from across the country, and has now expanded to include a wealth of other professional crafts people and expert workshop leaders.
HOW YOUR BOOKING WORKS:
- Contact us using the booking enquiry form, send us an email, or give us a call (we're friendly!). Give us as much information as you can so we can check availability and share as much information about your ideal workshop as we can.
- We’ll get back to you to confirm availability within 24 hours, or maybe a little longer at the weekend when we are busy running sessions. Please check your junk mail if you haven't heard from us in this time.
- Once we know you want to go ahead and can accommodate your booking, we require a £100 non-refundable deposit to secure it. We take your deposit amount from the final balance due. We'll also ask you for any special requirements for your session, like colour schemes or vintage options for example.
- Four weeks before your event we’ll need a final head count so we can purchase materials and prepare your workshop. At this point we’ll also arrange payment for the remaining balance that is due.
- Turn up on the day and everything will be prepared ready for you to enjoy your workshop (and magically cleared away afterwards too!).
- Enjoy wearing or using your handmade items. You are now a Crafty Hen too!
Behind the Scenes at Crafty HQ
Keep up to date with all the latest goings on at Crafty HQ on Instagram. Check out some of the fabrics, trims & vintage materials that are all handpicked and prepped in our main packing studio by our team of crafty helpers!