Crafty Workshop Experience
Supplier Booking Terms & Conditions
Many thanks for teaming up with The Crafty Hen. We are very much looking forward to working together and running our fun craft experiences for you and your clients. Below we have outlined the terms of your booking with us.
- All payments due are inclusive of VAT.
- The fee includes all workshop materials, equipment and expert tuition (unless agreed otherwise).
- On occasion, depending on location, we may need to apply a travel fee, but will make you aware of this in advance of placing your booking if applicable.
- We have a minimum charge for 10 people to attend the session. This is not a minimum attendance required, we can still come to you if your group is less than 10.
- The minimum charge is applicable to the workshop cost plus venue surcharge (where required).
- We reserve the right to change prices at any time up until a is booking confirmed and to correct errors in the prices of confirmed arrangements.
- You, the supplier, accepts responsibility for collecting monies and paying for all members of the group. We can not accept individual payments.
- Should the group have suitable venue in place (holiday accommodation, own home, glamping site, private venue, etc), or if you / the group would like to arrange somewhere, we are happy to come to most venues.
- (i). For most sessions we require a clear table space for everyone to all work and sit around. Additionally we often require a side table to set up equipment and access to plug sockets. With our textile workshops we may also bring an iron, ironing board and / or a sewing machine, please allow space to set up this equipment. Each workshop differs in requirements, so if you are unsure, please ask. We are generally very flexible and can work within most spaces. Please let us know if a space you are providing differs from our requirements.
- (ii). Remember to allow time for our team to arrive beforehand for set up and clear up.
- Should the group require The Crafty Hen to organise a venue for the workshop to take place in this is subject to a small venue surcharge.
- (i). Venues are subject to availability. The majority of which are a city centre bar, in either a private function room, semi-private space or area within the bar.
- (ii). We will arrange for fizz upon arrival.
- (iii). Some venues will require additional minimum spend on the day, but we will make you aware of any such requirements in advance. The group are responsible to reaching any such minimum spend, and settling payments for purchases made on the day.
- (iv). We pick appropriate venues in good faith. Please keep in mind these are public spaces, and as such we cannot accept any liability or recompense for unseen issues on the day that are beyond our control.
- We advise enquiring (via phone or email) to check availability before committing to provide a service to your client, as some sessions / dates do book up in advance. After enquiring, availability is subject to change, so endeavour to confirm your booking ASAP to avoid missing out. An enquiry does not form a binding contact to deliver any services.
- A booking is confirmed by email only, and forms a binding contract to deliver workshop services following the terms outlined here.
- Confirming Group Size -
- (i). Four weeks before your workshop we require a final head count.
- (ii). Bookings made with less than 4 week before of the event will require a final head count immediately upon booking.
- Invoice - We will invoice you once final group numbers are confirmed. Payment is due a minimum of 2 weeks ahead of the workshop.
- Payment - Bank transfers are preferred, any payments over the phone are subject to a 3% transaction fee. When making payment, please use the reference number provided upon booking confirmation.
- Late Payments - Any overdue payments are subject to a 3% fee. Which will increase should payment continue to go unpaid.
- International Transactions - If processing the payment from abroad (outside of the UK) the sender is liable for all and any transaction charges / exchange fees. To ensure the full and correct payment reaches The Crafty Hen on time.
Amendments to group Size
- After the four week point we cannot refund payments made for any person no longer able to attend.
- We will try our best to accommodate any additional people wanting to attend the workshop after the four week point, however we cannot guarantee this will be possible. Adding extra people may incur an additional charge on top of the workshop fee.
- If the party arrives at the activity with an increased number of persons to those confirmed, The Crafty Hen’s responsibility to the group and / or the activity will no longer apply. In this instance The Crafty Hen reserve the right to cancel or consider cancelled the activity. Should the activity proceed after confirming with head office, an admin charge of £75 plus fees due for those individuals is to be settled within 7 days. Failure to pay on time will incur and additional £100 fee.
SafEty and Behaviour
- Although the majority of tools and equipment we use are very safe, on occasion participants may be required to operate hot or sharp items (irons, scalpels, sewing machines, etc). While we encourage participants to enjoy their workshop as much as possible with tea / cake or something a little stronger, please remind them to keep in mind their own safety with tools and equipment.
- Workshop leaders will show participants safe use of all equipment.
- Our team will be happy to help and may step in if they feel any participants are unable to operate equipment or tools safely. Please advise your groups not to take offence at this; it is for their own safety. We are not responsible for unsafe operation of any equipment should any member of the party be intoxicated.
- All our electrictal items are PAT tested, and we hold Public Liabilty Insurance to cover all our session. Should you need copies of these, contact us on email@example.com to request.
- Photographs - Workshop leaders may take photos at the session, please check with your group and let our team know before the session if anyone does not want to be photographed. Photographs may be used for published / digital media, as well as on our own social media / website.
fOOD & DRINK
- While we encourage groups to enjoy food and drink alongside their workshop we ask that they limit this to snacks and food you can pick at during the workshop. Drinks are of course fine.
- If the group are having an afternoon tea or a meal, please arrange / advise them to arrange the majority of this before or after so both can be enjoyed fully!
- If organising a food and drink package with The Crafty Hen, we will advise of the additional time required to allow for food to be enjoyed before or after.
dELAYS, Changes OR CANCELLATIONS
- Delays -
- (i). If the group are late arriving / starting a session, the session will still finish at the previously confirmed time. Workshop staff are booked for the times agreed, they may use their discretion but this will be on an individual basis.
- (ii). On the extremely rare (and unavoidable - due to circumstances beyond their control) occasion a workshop leader is late to the session, they will endeavour to provide your group with the full session time, and will work with the group to get the best time balance based on any plans following the session.
- Changes to Booking -
- (i). Where possible, we will try to accommodate any requests to amend the main event details, (including, but not limited to; location, workshop activity, event date, etc.), made after the booking has been confirmed, but cannot guarantee being able to do so. Where amendments are achievable, this will incur a charge of £20 per file to cover administration costs.
- Cancellation -
- (i). If you (the supplier or the group) chose to cancel, no refunds, compensation or damages will be due.
- (ii). Cancellation of a session by yourselves within 4 weeks of the session will still require full payment.
- (iii). Cancellation or changes may be made by ourselves when safety conditions are compromised or due to unforeseeable circumstances. If cancellations occur in such circumstances we will endeavour to make every effort to reschedule where possible. If not possible we will arrange a refund.
- Force Majeure - The Crafty Hen will not be liable or pay you compensation, damages or a refund if our contractual obligations to you are affected by any event which we cannot, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. This includes but is not limited to; war, or threat of war, strikes, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, technical problems affecting transport or any similar events beyond our control.
- Essential contact information (ie. name, phone numbers, and venue address) will be shared with our workshop team in order for them to reach your group on the day of the workshop itself.
- Any contact details for other people shared with us, must be done so with their consent.
- We do not share your data outside of our organisation or with third parties.